Login | Register
Email Twitter Facebook YouTube Google+ 2013 Survey
Which School Advisor logo

Fujairah Private Academy

Believed to be one of the best English curriculum schools in Fujairah, Fujairah Private Academy is a non profit institution with 645 students under its care, owned by the government of Fujairah itself, that claims to offer a”British style education”.

A culture of a school comes from its history, from the staff who define each day, from students who give the school life and purpose and from the curriculum which guides it. The school’s ‘Britishness’ clearly comes from the England and Wales based core curriculum, strengthened by the origin of its teachers which tend to be staffed by Australian/New Zealand and UK trained teachers. The school also employs qualified Arabic staff, teaching Arabic and Islamic Studies. According to British Schools Middle East, most non British staff have worked in the UK.

The demographics of the school mirrors its environment with 85% of students being local with the other 15% comprised of students from both Western and Asian countries (according to the schools website). An impressive thirty-six nationalities are represented at the school in total. Fuhairah Private Academy is however very much a national school with its patron none other than His Highness Sheikh Hamad Bin Mohammed Al Sharqi, the ruler of the emirate.

The school is divided into three sections: Early Years (KG1 & Reception), Primary (Years 1-6), Senior Section (Year 7-13). The school is co-educational.

The School prepares students for the GCSE and ‘A’ Level Examinations (via the Edexcel board). Students also take Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 optional tests. The school’s population is very much skewed towards its primary section with 475 students currently enrolled at that level, while 170 students are in its secondary school.

The school launched its Web site on April 1st 2013 after many months of being “under construction”. It provides good, if limited information.

The Web site does not publish academic results of its students, but does note that “all Year 12 and Year 13 students have progressed to Higher Education in the U.A.E. or overseas.”

Destinations include universities and Higher Colleges,such as the Higher Colleges of Technology, U.A.E., American University of Sharjah, Sorbonne University Abu Dhabi Campus, the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland, McGill University, Canada, Macquarie University, NSW, Australia, Australian National University, Canberra, University of British Columbia, Canada, and Heriott Watt University, Dubai.


According to the school’s Web site FPA is “heavily subscribed and most classes have waiting lists”.

The web site also notes that siblings of students currently in the school have priority.

Parents tend to be the most satisfied stakeholders at the school, closely followed by students, with teachers seemingly the least satisfied of the triumvirate. However even the teachers seem a fairly contented bunch.

Fees for the school range from 15,000 AED at KG, rising to between 18,000 AED and 24,000 AED for Primary. Secondary starts at 22,500 and rises to 34,300 AED per annum.




If you are the owner or the principal of the school and note any factual inaccuracies, or would like to update any information, please do not hesitate to contact us at editor@edu2021.com.


Update on June 26, 2015 | Reviewed by David on July 28, 2012

Share YOUR experience... Have your say here...